- You can make your headphones louder in a handful of ways — from adjusting your device or app volume settings to basic headphones maintenance.
- Sometimes you may need to disabled sound limiting features or download a volume boosting app to make your headphones louder.
- Purchasing good headphones with strong song quality is your best bet for a clear and comfortable listening experience.
- Playing music through your headphones at a high volume can cause hearing damage, so use caution when trying to make your headphones louder.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Headphones are often chosen based on the wearer’s particular lifestyle or music preferences. But whether you’re a casual, passionate, or even professional music listener, you know the importance of having high-quality sound — and how the right headphones and volume settings are crucial to achieving this.
But daily wear and tear, app and desktop settings, and more can diminish your volume and listening quality. To once again achieve your perfect listening experience, you may need to make some adjustments. However, it should be noted that 85 decibels for a maximum of eight hours a day is considered a safe range for listening to audio.